So this is something that caught me completely off guard. I had to do some research to figure what this was all about. Thank you so much to Cooking With Corinna! for nominating me. I am truly humbled by this. Thank you again!
So apparently the rules for this thing are:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and share a link to that blog.
2) Attach the award icon to your site.
3) Answer some questions from the previous blogger and choose new ones for your nominees.
4) Nominate other bloggers for the award and comment on their blogs to let them know.
These were the questions for me:
1. What is your earliest food memory?
This is a tough one. I’m not even sure if its really from my memory or if its because this story has been told a million times
2. What is your favourite fruit/vegetable?
Unfortunately a burger is neither a fruit or vegetable otherwise I would have went with that! haha. I would have to say my current favorite vegetable is kale (kale shake in the morning yum!).
For fruit, avocado? I think I read somewhere that avocados are fruits! I put avocado/guacamole on everything!
3. What is your least favourite fruit/vegetable?
Least favorite? Anything that isn’t kale or avocados! just kidding! For vegetable, I don’t know, i’m not a huge vegetable person, but none stand out enough for me to say is my least fav. I’ll go with Brussels sprouts because I’ve never had them before =O (I know what you’re thinking…) Don’t want to make the vegetables I have eaten feel bad.
As for fruit…Papaya. Just absolutely hate those things! Again, I apologize.
4. What is your favourite board game?
I think as of right now, Cranium, or Scattergories. I still haven’t played Settlers of Catan, which I heard I would love. Also I’ve heard of a Game of Thrones boardgame?…yea I’m kind of a nerd.
5. What was the best Christmas present you ever received?
A lump of coal? LOL, That would be quite sad if that was the BEST present. Umm I don’t really know on this one. Perhaps its been too long since I received actually presents for me to remember. I mostly just get money now, and I go get my own things, but probably something to do with electronics
6. What is your favourite kitchen appliance?
I don’t know if the oven counts, but I like the oven a lot because it does the work while I do nothing. If it doesn’t count then, the food processor….again the easy thing. I don’t use the food processor much, usually for holiday dinners or dinner parties, but it really helps make life a lot easier!
7. If you had to choose one cuisine you had to eat for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
I would have to go with Mexican. I don’t really know why, I just really love Mexican; Always looking for things I can wrap into burritos or tacos. I love the ingredients used; the cilantros, the onions, jalapenos, serranos, cumin etc. Also I think just because of the marrying of flavors, and spiciness compared to the refreshing qualities of some pico de gallo/salsa….I’m drooling just talking about this. Need to get my fix soon!
8. What was your favourite sweet as a child?
Definitely turtles!…the chocolate in case you were wondering! I haven’t had them in a pretty long time. Maybe i’ll put them on my list.
9. What was the first thing you ever cooked?
Fried Rice. When I was younger, I would stand on a little step stool to watch my grandmother cook (because I couldn’t see, not because stools are fun). I eventually began asking questions. As I got old enough to be able to reach everything, she taught me how to make fried rice and that was the first thing I’ve ever made and a relatively simple dish to practice on.
10. How old were you when you made your first Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner?
Hmm. I think I’ve been helping out for a while. Around when I was 16 or so. I would help and basically be a sous chef. For completely taking over holiday dinners and becoming incredibly hard to be around, I think few years ago, so around 19-20.
Sorry for the long answers to such simple questions. Hope you all kept up
My Questions for nominees:
1. Who was it that inspired you/introduced you to the world of cooking?
2. What movie scene(s) stands out in your mind? and for what reasons
3. What is the best dish you ever made?
4. What is the best thing you ever ate?
5. Explain the time you got thought you were being “creative” but in reality created a disaster. (if that experience exists)
6. What is your favorite cooking method/which method of cooking do you enjoy eating the most. (i.e. fried, baked, grilled etc.)
7. What is your go-to dish when you don’t have much time to think about what to make for dinner?
8. If you had to describe yourself with a dish, what would it be and why?
9. If there was a character (from any medium, novel, movie, show, etc.) who would you be? and why.
10. In your opinion, what would be the worst superpower to have?
Blogs I nominate: I don’t know how many I’m suppose to choose, so I went with 10.