Here is a quick and simple pasta salad I made over the holidays. It might be a bit much if you don’t have a million people over so adjust the quantities accordingly =)!
Just cook the pasta according to the package or until doneness of your liking. I used about half the package of rotini that said 750g on it. Remember this was for a holiday party so you probably wouldn’t be making this much for a regular dinner.
Hard boil 6 eggs. Let cool and then peel the shells off.
Cut around 3-4 potatoes depending on size, into small chunks. Boil in a pot of salted water. Chopping them makes them easier to cook. When potatoes are fork tender, strain hot water and cool them down in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
Mix a few scoops of low fat mayonnaise (or full fat if you desire) I just happened to use low fat. Pour a little milk to loosen everything up (I used skim milk, you can use 2% or even a splash of cream if you like to live dangerously). Season with salt and pepper and paprika. I just added some freshly chopped celery and red peppers on top for a nice festive look. Enjoy!
The ingredients list is going to be for this party size. You might have to adjust it depending on how much you want to make.
Rotini Pasta – about 375g for party size
6 hard boiled eggs
1 stalk of celery
3/4 Red pepper
Salt and Pepper
1. Cook pasta in salted water until doneness of your liking. When done strain hot water and put in ice bath to stop cooking.
2. Hard boil the eggs. If you don’t know, you put the eggs in the water when its still cold and let them heat up with the water. If you put them in when the water is boiling, they will explode. When done, let cool and peel eggs. You can rinse them under some cold water to cool them down and to wash off any excess shell that might be still on them. Cut into small pieces.
3. Chop potatoes into smaller chunks and cook in salted water. When done strain hot water and put in ice bath to stop cooking. Give them a rough chop to get smaller pieces
4. Chop red pepper and celery into small pieces.
5. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, milk, salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Stir well and season with whatever you think is missing
Sorry for using “small pieces” so much! =)